Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Assignment!



I am so happy to report we have received our next assignment!  
As some of you may know, when the list of possible assignments was published, only the top 50% of pilots would even receive a flying assignment.Yikes! Obviously, it's very important that Rick remain flying in order to continue with our 'plan' not to mention his professional happiness.
The Good News - My wonderful husband landed a flying assignment at an Operational Squadron at Moody AFB.  (I never doubted he would be flying)  Our new home will be in Valdosta, Georgia!  Being an Operational Squadron means that he works in the same capacity that he has been, opposed to training new pilots.  It isn't common for a pilot to go to multiple Operational squadrons in a row, and I am very proud of this accomplishment.  Additionally, he will have to be trained on how to fly the newer model of A-10s that the have at Moody AFB, and he will be reporting to Tucson, Arizona by June 7th for that three week long class.  Right now, it looks like we will report to Moody June 30th.
Moody AFB boasts an interesting history, and is the only base where you can fly the A-10s that have the face on them.(Rick will love my technical terms).  See picture above.
Here are some links for additional information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moody_Air_Force_Base
http://www.moody.af.mil/index.asp



The Bad News - There isn't any.  See above.

I will update the blog when we have more information on the details of that transition.  We are both very much looking forward to the next adventure!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Rick,

    A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your new flying assignment! Just another illustration of the AWESOME choice my sister made marrying you!! I know you've worked hard and your effort has clearly paid off!! CONGRATS again and Keep Up The Good Work!! Love You Keri

    ReplyDelete