Nope.
Rick left this morning for a two week mission in Thailand, and then will go to the Philippines for another two weeks. We have been married nearly two years, and have yet to spend 4 consecutive months together. I have to admit, a perpetual honeymoon is really not that bad.
So, what has Rachel accomplished while Rick has been slaving away? I'm excited to announce I found another strain of bacteria. I got to spend another evening physically revisiting my prior meal. So, I have basically found the secret to how Koreans stay so thin: food poisoning. I'm now on a first name basis with the pilots' flight doctor. Thankfully, he takes very good care of pilots and their wives.
Another wife, Amy, and I are planning a trip to Japan. I am going to try my hand at flying 'space A'. There are military planes that fly several times a week from Osan Air Base in Korea to Kadena Air Base in Japan. So, when 'space is available' we will catch a ride. For anyone that knows me, you can imagine the challenge this will be for me. No guarantee of getting on a flight?! No seat assignment? No champagne?! GASP. I cannot imagine any other time in my life that I will be able to travel with such flexibility, so why not try it now?
LOVE the update! :o) Congratulations to Rick for reaching his goal! Hard earned, yeah? Good for you! Rachel, your good spirits and sense of humor will keep you going and is SO needed in a marriage -- especially one as challenging (Never seeing the man??? Really Michael Vick???) as yours. Keep up the great work!! I'm very proud of you BOTH and can't wait until you're back in the states! I haven't been to Georgia very much and I'm looking forward to a visit there! :o) Keep smiling! Love you guys! ~Kristi
ReplyDelete