

Many times we have called Korea the 'land of not quite right'. This is due to the differences in how Koreans does things, and how Americans have learned to do things. Some examples include; modes of transportation, driving, parking, forming a line,
making an appointment, construction safety, bathroom etiquette, basic etiquette, ET cetra.
Additionally, there is something about Korea that makes it much like Vegas. I have always heard that, in Vegas, you can go without sleep, and huge blocks of time are lost. We all know the saying, 'What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas'. I have realized South Korea is alarmingly similar. Many of the pictures illustrate this. The things you see here, would never be done in the 'Real World' but they all
seem like fantastic ideas at the time. (Note the 'party suits' the fellas have made here.)
Take last weekend, for example,:





Friday night at the Officers' Club. Sounds innocent enough. We generally go to the 'O' club on Friday's and socialize. There is a D.J.
that plays most any requests, including my shrieks for Bon Jovi. Additionally, there is Karaoke. In the 'real world' karaoke should only be an activity if you possess some sort of musical
inclination.
Not in South Korea. I have been told I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, but in Korea, I'm cheered, and have a captive audience as Rick and I sing duets, and strum air instruments. We closed the Club down, and got home just after curfew, which is 3 A.M.!
The following day, we were up and on the 9:20 A.M. bus to Seoul. (Do the math on beauty sleep) We take an educational tour of the Korean War Museum, and we decide on dinner plans over cocktails with friends. We walk to a wonderful French Restaurant, have a nice meal, wine, and meet up with more friends at a local Pub. We walk back to our friend's house by 11:00 p.m., and are up until 2 A.M. discussing many worldly issues.
We catch the bus home in the morning, make lasagna, invite some friends over, persuade friend to be wedding photographer for our ceremony in November, wine, dessert, and we are off to bed by midnight. I don't know if it's all the preservatives in the milk, or the pollution in the air, but it is the closest to living in Vegas that I will ever be. It's a good thing we are only months away from being back in the 'Real World'.
Lovely update! Just a typical weekend in the life of our happy Korean family! :o) Great job! Now go get some beauty sleep! Love you guys! ~Kristi and family
ReplyDelete