Life with a puppy has really changed the Mitchell household. There are a variety of squeaky toys scattered around the house, a bell on the door, and less room in the bed.
It's crazy how much influence a four pound puppy has. Our conversations revolve around her, and what she accomplished, or what I found her chewing on. She follows me around the house, interested in everything I do. She lays between my feet when I get ready in the morning, dances around the kitchen when I'm cooking, and gets sassy if I ignore her for too long. The biggest change is in the man that didn't believe in 'inside dogs', He now is making up crazy reasons for why she should sleep in the humans' bed. Some have been; "It's the weekend", "She is sad", "She had a bad dream". Here is how last night went:
I put her in her luxurious kennel, and say good night
After an hour, Peanut makes a pitiful whine, and Rick can't stand the thought of her being sad.
Rick quietly opens her kennel and lifts her into the bed
Rick forces her to cuddle
Peanut burrows into the bed
Rick falls asleep, and begins to snore
I lovingly shove him over on his side
Peanut wakes up, thinks it's time to play, and jumps up. She wags her little rump, and pounces on my stomach.
Via 'dog whisperer techniques' I get her to calm back down (tssh, Peanut)
Peanut stretches out, and I scoot to the edge of the bed
I fall asleep
Peanut wakes me up, aggressively eating my hair.
Peanut get tshed, again, and settles back down over the comforter
Rick thrashes around, pulling the comforter tighter, and flings Peanut in to the air
Peanut yowls, lands, and pounces on Rick with her tail wagging
Rick resumes snoring
I drag Peanut over to my side of the bed and try to coax her back to sleep
She spun around a few times, and finally laid down, right under my chin.
I had just fallen back asleep, and Rick's alarm went off. He got up, and finding Peanut so cute sleeping under my chin, scooped her up and hugged her. He looked refreshed, and ready to take on the day. I wanted to take out his kneecaps. He plopped Peanut back on the bed, and headed to the shower. Peanut sat at the end of the bed and whined.
I flipped on the TV, and watched 'Snapped'.
Luckily, both Rick and Peanut are too cute to let a little exhaustion ruin the day.
You have no idea how hard I laughed while reading this post. What is it about these 'tough, badass' men in our lives?! They get puppies and are changed forever. :)
ReplyDelete