Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rick leaves for Alaska

Rick got home from work at about 3:30 am the morning of September 9th.  He finished packing, and we headed to the bus stop.  This Alaska trip is a major endeavor, and Rick is the project officer.  This means he is in charge of ....everything.
He dropped me off at the bus stop with his luggage, and he went to pick up some fellow pilots.  When he returned, he immediately took charge of the group of sleepy Air Force guys that had gathered.  Despite being exhausted and wound up with stress from the trip, he was cheerful and professional.  I was extremely proud of him.  I handed out breakfast bars as an effort to make some kind of contribution.  He got everyone accounted for, and kissed me goodbye.  I prayed he was able to sleep on his flight.

I spoke to him once he finally made it to Alaska, and he was already in the midst of orchestrating rental cars, rooms, and keeping the enlisted kids sober.  
This will continue to be a stressful project, but I know it will be a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment